Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday IS funday!

I considered posting this weekend, but we were with my in-laws in Buffalo pretending to not be bothered by the 88 degree heat and 92% humidity and lack of internet access. OK, everyone else was pretending to not be bothered, while it was no secret how I felt about the temperature situation. By the time we settled into our hotel room at 10:00p.m. Saturday (or should I say our second hotel room, as the television in the first one didn't work), I was delighted to find a 9% charge left on my ipad...no wonder I hadn't heard much from my daughter that day, as she was obviously very busy. I was even more delighted to find that the charger had been left at my mother-in-law's house! I had enough power to check the weather for the next day, and was promised a major cool down.

The four of us in one hotel room was really not the optimal place for me to start blogging, or at least not without saying things I would possibly later regret. I also had no real sense of how much longer the pretty lights would continue to glow. We all fell asleep rather quickly by 11:15. beginning one hour later, I proceeded to take full advantage of the cool hotel room air by being wide awake most of rest of the night...ick. I am sure many of you have found yourselves in that situation of being the only one awake, and completely paralyzed for fear that any slight movement might wake someone else up.

When we all went out to greet the new day, we almost melted on the short walk to the car. Those lying weather bastards!

Anyways, by the time I was safely nestled back into the air conditioned butt cheek imprints of my very own desk chair last night, I had limited brain power left. However, I was so amused by this week's Freakshow Friday over at Leigh vs. Laundry that I managed to string a few words together, and....TA DA!!!!!!

Photobucket

It is only 10:30 a.m., but I am going to go out on a limb and predict that this may very well be the highlight of my day!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I wish I could get paid to stretch the truth like the weatherman! Hope the day gets better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just reading this now, Laughing!. At Least you had an air conditioned HOTEL!!!

    ReplyDelete