Saturday, April 21, 2012

S is for Something

A simple sighting sidelined me, steering my shopping cart slightly sideways towards the soda display...seemingly stuck, as I struggled to sneak away. Several seasons surely have slipped by since that someone swiped my sensibility and sabotaged my self-esteem. Something so long ago still stops me sharp. Something in seeing him standing there stirred up the shame. Slimeball. Seriously? Still? This someone shifted into something sinister, a sign...somewhat suspect in severity, and to show me what? Something spoiling my Saturday spree at my sanctuary (Wegmans grocery store). "Stand up straight and smile" said my sometimes sassy self. "Silently sprint to safety" said my scared schoolgirl self. I swerved and snuck away into the stacked stock of snacks. Something sort of silly...something so stupid...same old something. Sorry.

8 comments:

  1. I hope that you were able to return to your spree at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cool post! You've managed to pepper it with a million s words, and yet it still flows. That takes talent! Loved the juxtaposition of your sassy self and your schoolgirl self. My schoolgirl self usually wins too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All this alliterations is leaving me liking letters. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's look longingly at v,x and z...yikes!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you needed some Soda, a Snickers Bar, and Strawberry Ice Cream.That would have made me feel better anyways. :)
    Stopping in via the A-Z blogging challenge.

    Bev @ Blue Velvet Vincent

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got a knack for telling a story using the letter like that. Very well done. And I know that feeling that she felt.

    ReplyDelete