Friday, February 22, 2013

52 Weeks of Happiness - Week 50

Sometimes one really big thing has the power to carry you through a full week of being happy. Other times, it is just a series of simple little items that bring pockets of sunshine. Since we have already discussed martinis, let's move on to something else that sustained me this week...

This salad made me very happy! 
It did not make me quite as happy as the one I ate the night before that had some homemade breaded chicken cutlet on it, but that was gobbled up long before I considered taking a photo. Salads at my house tend to get a little blah in the middle of winter, and more of a necessary evil, than something to truly enjoy. I had been to the store with the fabulous produce prices, so we were loving the berries. I even treated myself to a bottle of dressing that only I would like.

Yummy food makes me happy!



15 comments:

  1. So.....what kind of dressing did you buy? Was it wierd??? Is that why you won't tell us??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth be told, I couldn't remember exactly what it was, and the refrigerator seemed really far away to go check...It was Pomegranate Blueberry vinaigrette...from the refrigerated section (so you know it was fancy)! ;)

      Delete
    2. Mmm, that does sound good (and very fancy) :)

      Delete
  2. I love a good salad. Brightens my whole day.

    And I just want you to know that I have had THREE martinis this week (1 peach on Wednesday & 2 Caramel Appletinis yesterday). I blame your previous post. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, that looks colorful and positively yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A salad. You know, I think I might just have to go and make myself a happy, uh, salad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm.. Salad makes me happy too! Lately a meal of salad, jasmine rice, and swai fillets seems to really make my heart sing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never had, nor heard of swai, but saw it in an ad a few days after seeing this!

      Delete
  6. Your salad is so colorful. I love yummy food, too. Especially when homemade with fresh ingredients. Tonight was orange, celery & herb roasted chicken. It was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds delicious...especially if somebody else makes it!

      Delete
  7. That salad looks amazing! This post made me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Despite being anti-vegetable/healthy eating, I do love a good salad. Looks FANTASTIC.

    ReplyDelete