Wednesday, April 8, 2015

G is for...

Good Times

Shows I was watching in the seventies is my theme for the A-Z challenge this April.

Dy-no-mite! 'Nuff said?
Jimmie Walker had it going on in a show I found endlessly entertaining and intriguing, without really understanding the strife of the Evans family. I was five years old when the show first aired, and while I knew Florida and her family were different than mine, and that the show took place in a different part of New York City than I went to visit, there was still comfort in watching their togetherness...watching them find their good times in the midst of everything.

Larger than life J.J. and his siblings (younger brother Michael was my favorite), Willona the neighbor...Remember her story line with Penny? (Janet Jackson)

Keep your head above water, make a wave when you can!

8 comments:

  1. Don't you miss those shows that had so many good messages in them? And the comedy? Sigh, where have they all gone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone has said Dy-no-mite at least once in their lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of these shows weren't shown over here, hence the lack of comments. But I am enjoying the theme tunes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a few episodes of this show but I didn't really like it. It could not have been harder for me to relate to that kind of urban lifestyle, coming from bucolic Cape Cod. I did like that novelty song by Tony Cammillo's Bazooka, 'Dynomite' from 1975.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun "alphabet!" I didn't like Jimmy Walker's character.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah I remember that show. I think Jimmy Walker fell on some hard times after the show.

    ReplyDelete