Saturday, April 8, 2017

G is for...

...Genesis
My theme for this year's a-z challenge is off the top of my head-the first musical group to pop into my head...not necessarily my favorite, just the first to show itself.

I made perfect sense to me that Genesis would naturally follow Foreigner. There was some kind of comfort in the familiarity of Genesis songs. I can't say that I was a huge fan of their entire body of work, but there was nothing I disliked either. Of course now I want to listen to them all day today.

I was all set to include In Too Deep, but then I remembered Misunderstanding, still keeping in line with my usual observance of angsty songs, right? However, as I was pulling up the videos, there it was, a song I had not thought about in quite some time, but sounded like yesterday. Today we can celebrate the other side of young love, where hope wins!

3 comments:

  1. Genesis is great too. I love blast 'Mama'. That song is intense!! And 'Misunderstanding', another great tune!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome.
    Did you know that Phil's son plays drums now too?

    Heather

    ReplyDelete