Friday, April 28, 2017

X is for...

...XTC
My theme for this year's a-z challenge is off the top of my head-the first musical group to pop into my head...not necessarily my favorite, just the first to show itself.


Thank goodness for sampler cassette (which was very similar to, but nothing like a mix tape) my friend across the hall in St. Mary's dorm sophomore year made for me. Otherwise I may not have had a legitimate group for this letter! Full disclosure? I could not remember what song I knew that they sang, and could only picture the band's name written on that yellow lined cassette insert. Of course now I will have this stuck in my head until tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. New one for me. No X popped into my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love XTC. I think 'Making Plans for Nigel' is my fave by them, but I love this song too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god! I'd completely forgotten about this song! Listening with headphones on as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I know I had a friend that listened to them, but it wasn't in my mix tape collection! :)

    Heather

    ReplyDelete