Thursday, April 5, 2018

D is for...

Dreams...The Cranberries, 1993

Trying to recapture part of the soundtrack from my life during the 90's is my theme for the a-z challenge this year


We don't have to let it linger, but we do have to take a moment to remember Dolores. 

Everyone Else is Doing it, So Why Can't We? came out when I was still a bit awash in the angst of eighties music, so it fit right in with my catalog. I could give the illusion of being current, while still rooted in the comfort, or discomfort, of the previous decade. This song was a much needed glimpse of hope and reminder to dream.

3 comments:

  1. perfect time to give her a salute and shout out. Sad she passed so young

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Dolores passed away, I was so sad. Linger was a special song from that time for me and my boyfriend at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, such wonderful memories with the Cranberries. She had such a unique and beautiful voice. I actually attempted to play Linger on the ukulele today, honestly. I was not successful.

    ReplyDelete