Wednesday, April 11, 2018

I is for...

I'm the Only One...Melissa Etheridge, 1993

Trying to recapture part of the soundtrack from my life during the 90's is my theme for the a-z challenge this year

Melissa was there to usher out the eighties, by name as well as in her Brave and Crazy way. The early nineties certainly did a huge favor to anyone feeling alone in heartbreak, and Melissa Etheridge was a powerhouse with both her voice and words. Her hits lingered on my CD player. While the album, Never Enough, in 1992 was never really on my radar, Yes I Am in 1993 brought her back in full force.

This song could made me feel badass while singing through those breakup tears. The only one, indeed. It was also an exercise in how long one could sing without taking a break...that chorus!!! Crank up the volume, as that is the only way to listen to her...

5 comments:

  1. I remember buying her first album after I moved to SF. Like you said, right at the end of the 80s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she always has that intensity and just the right growl. Kicking butt, that's for sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those days really makes the difference...

    ReplyDelete
  4. WELL I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO'D WALK ACROSS A FIRE FOR YOU.
    I don't think those are the accurate lyrics, but that's what I sing into my hairbrush when I am alone and on American Idol as the first over 45 female singer to win a recording contract.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first visit to your blog. I love your song selections. I'd love to play along with the A-Z Challenge. Does the decade of music have to be the 1990's or can it be any decade?

    ReplyDelete